Current (from Monthly Prayer Letter)
- Final preparations for meeting with governor. Favor!
- Missionary Housing and Clinic Construction Projects. Greenhouse and Research Farm Agreements.
- Resolution of Fulani Ranch issues …. Successful kickoff of the Schools for Africa program.
- Kickoff of Committee of 1000 and ongoing planning for ACU
Key Activities and Programs
- Community programs: Feeding the poor, Church leader development, Health Care, Community Farm, Periodic Adult and Children Education programs
- Providence Academy: Vocational programs (Agriculture, Media) – Partnership with STAR University
- Africa Christian University planning – early work with partner organizations
- Land gift management – work with commercial partners to use land pending future project needs
- Helping connect US Christians with Indigenous Ministries (e.g., Virtual Missions Conferences)
- Missionary Guest House / Housing (Starting construction of first of four)
- Clinic (preparing site)
- Research Farm: Greenhouse and Ranch (preparing for initial phase)
- Academy Expansion (interim expansion ongoing). Raising funds for dorm – to begin in God’s time
Leadership, Staff and Volunteers (Spirit led and protection for families)
- Key Leaders: Kabiyesi (king), Chair: Elder Felix Ohiwerei, Exec Director: Dr James Rose, CDF NG Exec Director: Dr Eric Ighalo, ACU Consortium Co-Chair: Professor Gary Maxey
- Board / Committee Members (US and Nigeria)
- Staff / Missionaries
Pray for global church partnership with the Nigerian church as it fulfills the Great Commission and Great Commandment in Nigeria, where:
- there are more poor than any other country in the world (over 40 percent of people (83 million) live in poverty (Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa).
- terrorism against Christians since June 2015 has resulted in four to five million Christians displaced, 11,500 Christians murdered, and 2000 churches have been destroyed.
- corruption in the country is assessed to be one of the worst in the world.
- the church continues growing rapidly (estimated to double in size by 2060)
- churches need training and help in addressing these needs.
Link to information on funding campaigns for projects and programs